Perhaps you’re more of a DIY kind of person — or maybe you simply have unique home security or home automation needs or preferences. For whatever reason, you’d rather build your own custom combination system. Here at X10, you can definitely do that! You’ll just want to make certain to include everything you need to connect the dots of your cutting-edge system so all the parts work together smoothly. If you’d prefer to start with a beginner kit or money-saving multi-pack of our most popular kit components, check out Part 1. Otherwise, read on and get ready to build your own system, from the ground up!
X10 Home Automation System Components
For Home Automation, you’ll want to start with a Transceiver, such as the TM751 Wireless Transceiver Module, or with the XPT-NS Wall Transmitter Base Unit, which functions as both a transceiver and controller. If you go with the TM751, though, you’ll also want to purchase a plug-in or wireless controller. Our most popular wireless controller is the HR12A PalmPad Remote Control.
Our most popular plug-in controller is the MC10A White Plug-in Mini Controller, and it does not require a transceiver.
In addition to a transceiver and controller, your home automation system will require you to choose from among the many X10 receiver modules, ranging from wall receptacles to lamp modules, such as the following popular options:
• WS467 Wall Switch Module
• SR227 SuperSocket Receptacle
• LM465 Lamp Module
• AM466 Appliance Module
X10 Security System Components
For your X10 security system, you’ll want to start with a security system that coordinates with either a cell phone SIM card like the SC1200-GSM X10 Cellular SecuriLINK Security Console or a standard landline (like the SC1200 SecuriLINK Security Console) and then include components to provide for each of the five levels of support:
1. First Prevention Layer: Keep would-be burglars away via Security Signs and Window Decals (all available at x10.com).
2. Second Prevention Layer: Timed lighting through your X10 home automation system can provide an additional layer of prevention by giving your home a lived-in appearance even when you are away.
3. Perimeter Protection: Protect your home’s perimeter and keep prowlers from entering your home with Perimeter Security Sensors, such as the DS12A Smart Door/Window Sensors and GB10A Security Glass Break Sensor.
4. Detection Layer: Detect intruders that have entered your home via motion detectors, such as the MS18A Smart Security Motion Detector and X10 security cameras.
5. Reporting Layer: The fifth layer of protection operates through the aforementioned security console, which utilizes a voice dialer system to call your cell phone or up to five other pre-programmed numbers whenever your security system is triggered.
X10 Home Automation & Security
X10.com is the everyday person’s best source for home automation. Since 1976, we’ve been providing excellent home gadgets at reasonable prices. Visit us online at x10.com and find out what you’ve been missing!
Leave a Reply