- Removing climbable items from all window areas is one of the simplest & most effective ways to avoid window-related hazards. Move all furniture, cribs, beds & climbable surfaces (stuffed animals & toy chests) away from windows.
- Store window cords well out of reach of children, keeping in mind that there might be cords also on the reverse side of your shades.
- Install only cordless window treatments in homes with young children, especially in their bedroom & play area.
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are as short & tight as possible.
- Update old window coverings to safer styles such as shutters, motorized styles or cordless cellular shades.
- Add safety features to existing cords such as installing the cleats (the piece attached to the wall that you wrap the cord around) out of reach of children.
In case you need some help or are just curious, Country Willow has an exceptional showroom full of Hunter Douglas products – one of the largest showrooms in the area – that fully demonstrates all the safety features you need to keep your family safe. Hunter Douglas is also the industry’s largest manufacturer of sheers, shades, honeycombs, blinds, and shutters, all custom designed and manufactured in the USA, so you can rely on them as your trusted resource for quality window treatments.
Our designers are always ready to address all of your concerns and to help you choose the perfect and safest window treatments for your entire home. Please give us a call if you have any questions at 914-241-7000. Be well and be safe!
Celebrating over 25 years in business in Westchester County, New York, Country Willow is a unique neighborhood furniture & accessories store with one of the largest showrooms in the northeastern United States. We hold to our founders’ mission to offer solid, sustainable furnishings and personalized service amid a warm and inviting showroom.
We enjoy getting to know each of our customers in the NY/CT area while offering complimentary design services from skilled decorators who can help curate a home, room or single piece with each client’s preferences in mind. Visit us today at 230 Route 117 Bypass Road, Bedford Hills, New York 10507 or call us at (914) 241-7000.